1. Lavyne, MH: The reduction of aryldiazonium salts with dimethylformanide. Senior Thesis in Chemistry, Williams College, 1968.
2. Zervas NT, Hori H, Negoro M, Wurtman RJ, Larin F, Lavyne MH: Reduction in brain dopamine following experimental cerebral ischemia. Nature 247:283-284, 1974.
3. Lavyne MH, Moskowitz MA, Larin F, Zervas NT, Wurtman RJ: Brain H3-catecholamine metabolism in experiemntal cerebral ischemia. Neurology 25: 483-485, 1975.
4. Lavyne MH, Moskowitz MA, Zervas NT, Wurtman RJ: Rotational behavior in gerbils following unilateral common cartoid artery ligation. J Neural Transmission 36:83-89, 1975.
5. Lavyne MH, Wurtman RJ, Moskowitz MA, Zervas NT: Brain catecholamines and cerebral blood flow. Life Sciences 17(1):475-486, 1975.
6. Zervas NT, Lavyne MH, Negoro M: Neurotransmitter and the normal and ischemic cerebral circulation. New England Journal of Medicine 293:8121-816, 1975.
7.Moskowitz MA, Meyer E, Wurtman RJ, Lavyne MH, Zervas NT: Attenuation by catecholamine antagonist of the hypothermia that follows cerebral infarction in gerbils. Life Sciences 17:597-602, 1975.
8. Heros RC, Lavyne MH, Zervas NT: Limitations of diazoxide reversal of vasospasm. Stroke 7:118-120, 1976.
9. Heros RC, Zervas NT, Lavyne MH, Pickren KS: Reversal of experimental cerebral vasospasm by intravenous nitroprusside therapy. Surgical Neurology 6:227-229, 1976.
10. Lavyne MH, Kolton WA, Clement JA, Rosene DL, Pickren KS, Zervas NT, Wurtman RJ: Decrease in neostriatal blood flow following d-amphetamine administration or electrical stimulation of the substantia nigra. Brain Research 135:77-86, 1977.
11. Candia GJ, Heros RC, Lavyne MH, Zervas NT, Nelson C: Effects of intravenous sodium nitroprusside on CBF and intracranial pressure. Neurosurgery 3:50-53, 1978.
12. Lavyne MH, Kleefield J, Davis KR, Ojemann RG, Cromwell RM: The computed tomography of giant intracranial aneurysms of the anterior circulation. Neurosurgery 3:50-53, 1978.
13. O' Leary D, Lavyne MH: Localization of vertex lesions with computed tomography. J. Neurosurgery 49:71-74, 1978.
14. Williams RS, Cromwell RM, Fischer CM, Davis K, Lavyne MH, Roper AH, Bremer AM: Clinical and radiological remission of reticulum cell sarcoma of brain: Report of 2 cases. Archives of Neurology 36:206-210, 1979.
15. Murray HW, Brandstetter RD, Lavyne MH: Ventriculo-atrial shunting for hydrocephalus complicating tuberculous meningitis. The American Journal of Medicine 70:895-898, 1981.
16. Atkinson R, Ghelman B, Tsairis P, Warren RF, Jacobs B, Lavyne MH: Sarcoidosis presenting as cervical radiculopathy: A case report and literature review. Spine 7:412-417, 1982.
17. Lavyne MH, Voorhies RM, Coll RH: Femoral neuropathy caused by an iliopsoas bursal cyst. J Neurosurgery 56:584-586, 1982.
18. Lavyne MH, Bell WO: Simple decompression and occasional epineurolysis under local anesthesia as treatment for ulnar neuropathy at the elbow. Neurosurgery 11: 6-11, 1982.
19. Bursztyn EM, Lavyne MH, Aisen M: Empty sella syndrome with intrasellar herniation of the optic chiasm. American Journal of Neuroradiology 4:167-168, 1983.
20. Lavyne MH, Patterson RH Jr: The subchorodial trans-velum interpositum approach to mid-third ventricular tumors. Neurosurgery 12:86-94, 1983.
21. Lavyne MH, Hariri RJ, Tankosic T, Babiak T: The effect of low dose gammabutyrolactone therpay on forebrain neuronal ischemia in the unrestrained, awake rate. Neurosurgery 12:430-434, 1983.
22. Voorhies RM, Engel I, Gamache FW, Patterson RH Jr, Frasar RAR, Lavyne MH, Schnieder M: Intaoperative localization of subcortical brain tumors. Further experience with B-mode real-time sector scanning. Neurosurgery 12:189-194, 1983.
23. Snow RB, Lavyne MH: CNS toxoplasmosis in a patient with AIDS. Infections in Surgery 2(9):669-679, 1983.
24. Voorhies RM, Lavyne MH, Strait TA, Shapiro WR: Does the CO2 laser spread viable brain tumor cells outside of the surgical field? J Neurosurgery 60:819-280, 1984.
25. Bell WO, Lavyne MH: A retractor for lumbar microdiscectomy: Technical note. Neurosurgery 14:69-70, 1984.
26. Snow RB, Lavyne MH: Intracranial space-occupying lesions in acquired immune deficiency syndrome patients. Neurosurgery 16:148-153, 1985.
27. Snow RB, Lavyne MH: Complications of lumbar disc surgery: prevention, recognition and treatment. Infections in Surgery 545-550, 1985.
28. Snow RB, Lavyne MH, Fraser RAR: Colonic perforation by ventriculoperitoneal shunts. Surgical Neurology 25:173-177, 1986.
29. Brown RH Jr, Beyerl BD, Iseke R, Lavyne MH: Medulla oblongata edema associated with neurogenic pulmonary edema. J. Neurosurgery 64:494-500, 1986.
30. Hariri RJ, Supra EL, Roberts JP, Lavyne MH: The effect of naloxone on cerebral perfusion and cardiac performance during experimental cerebral ischemia. J Neurosurgery 64:780-786, 1986.
31. Snow RB, Lavyne MH, Lee BCP, Morgello S, Patterson RH Jr: Craniotomy versus transsphenoidal excision of large pituitary tumors: The usefulness of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in guiding the operative approach. Neurosurgery 19:59-64, 1986.
32. Andrews DW, Friedman NB, Heier L, Erickson A, Lavyne MH: Tuboovarian abscess presenting as sciatic pain: Case report. Neurosurgery 21(1):100-103, 1987.
33. Ehrlich ME, Lavyne MH: Aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in a child with leukemia. Surgical Neurology 30:144-147, 1988.
34. Andrews DW, Lavyne MH: Retrospective analysis of microsurgical and standard lumbar discectomy. Spine 15:329-335, 1990.
35. Snow RB, Johnson CE, Morgello S, Lavyne MH, Patterson RH Jr: Is magnetic resonance imaging useful in guiding the operative approach to large pituitary tumors? Neurosurgery 26:801-803, 1990.
36. Lavyne MH: A variable angled suction nerve root retractor for lumbar spine surgery. Neurosurgery 29:419-420, 1991.
37. Lavyne MH: Book Review of Spinal Cord Compression: Diagnosis and Principles of Management. Thomas N. Byrne and Steven G. Waxman, Philadelphia: F.A. Davis. 1990: J Neurosurgery 74:90-95, 1992.
38. Lavyne MH, Bilsky MH: The effect of epidural steroids on postoperative morbidity and functional recovery in patients undergoing microsurgical lumbar discectomy. J. Neurosurgery 77:90-95, 1992.
39. Lavyne MH: Complications of percutaneous laser nucleolysis. J Neurosurgery, 76:1041, 1992.
40. Kelly RE, Dinner MH, Lavyne MH, Andrews AW: The effect of lumbar disc surgery on postoperative pulmonary function and temperature: A comparison study of microsurgical lumbar discectomy with standard lumbar discectomy. Spine, 18:287-290, 1993.
41. Taub E, Lavyne MH: Thoracic complications of ventriculoperitoneal shunts: Case report and review of the literature. Neurosurgery 34:181-184, 1994.
42. Zimmerman GA, Weingarten K, Lavyne MH: Symptomatic lumbar epidural varices. J Neurosurgery, 80:914-918, 1994.
43. Lavyne MH: Book Review - Magnetic resonance imaging of the spine, 2nd edition. Neurosurgery 35:98-99, 1994.
44. Pannullo SC, Lavyne MH: Trigeminal Neuralgia, Journal of Amer. Dental Assoc. 127:1635-1639, 1996.
45. Heier LA, Comunale JP, Lavyne MH: Sensorineural hearing loss and cerebellopontine angle lesions. Review. Clinical Imaging 21:213-223, 1997.
46. Markgraf JH, Chang R, Cort JR, Durant JL Jr, Finkelstein M, Gross AW, Lavyne MH: Protodediazoniation of aryldiazonium fluoroborates by dimethylformamide. Tetrahedron, (53)29:10009-10018, 1997.
47. Sandberg DI, Lavyne MH: Symptomatic spinal epidural lipomatosis after local epidural corficosteroid injections: case report. Neursosurgery 45: 162-165, 1999.
48. Zonenshayn M, Edgar MA, Lavyne MH: Removal of a lumbar melanotic schwannoma via the far-lateral approach in a patient with Carney complex. Journal of Neurosurgery (Spine 2) 92:241-245, 2000.
49. Mack P, Hass BA, Lavyne MH, Snow RB, Lien C: Postoperative narcotic requirement after microscopic lumbar discectomy is not affected by intraoperative ketorolac or bupivacaine. Spine 26: 658-661, 2001.
50. Selesnick S, Nguiyen TD, Gutin PH, Lavyne MH: Posterior petrous face meningiomas. Otolaryngology 124: 408-313, 2001.
1. Wurtman RJ, Lavyne MH, Zervas NT: Brain catecholamines in relation to cerebral blood vessels. Cerebral vascular disease, 9th conference. Eds JP Whisnant and BA Sandok. New York, Grune and Stratton, 1975, 13-16.
2. Wurtman RJ, Lavyne MH, Moskowitz MA and Zervas NT: Brain monamine neurotransmitters and the pathophysiology of stroke. Wenner-Gren Center International Symposium Series. Eds C. Owman and L. Edvisson. Pergamon Press, 1978.
3. Heros RC, Lavyne MH, Nelson RB: Treatment of cerebral vasospasm with sodium nitroprusside. Cerebral arterial spasm, Chapter 98, Ed Robert Wilkins. Baltimore, Maryland, 1980.
4. Patterson RH Jr, Lavyne MH, Hoff JT: Intracranial tumors. Practice of Surgery, Chapter 1. Ed Harry S. Goldsmith, Philadelphia, Harper & Row, 1982.
5. Patterson RH Jr, Lavyne MH: Two approaches to the anterior third ventricle in Surgery In and Around the Brainstem and the Third Ventricle. Ed M. Samii. Heidelberg, Springer, 1986, 329-333.
6. Lavyne MH, Patterson RH Jr: Subchorodial trans-velum interpositum appraoch, Surgery of the Third Ventricle, Chapter XII. Ed. MJ Appuzzo. Baltimore, Williams and Wilkins, 1987, 381-397.
7. Lavyne MH, Patterson RH Jr: Headache associated with brain tumor. Wolff's headache and other head pain. Ed. DJ Dalessio. New York, Oxford University Press, 1987, 343-356.
8. Lavyne MH, Patterson RH Jr: The Subchoroidal trans-velum interpositum approach. Surgery of the Third Ventricle, Chapter XIX. Ed. MJ Appuzo. Baltimore, Williams and Wilkins, 1998, 453-470.
1. Lavyne MH, Moskowitz MA, Larin F, Zervas NT, Wurtman RJ: Selective depletion of brain dopamine (DA) after experimental strokes. J Clin Invest 63(6):44A.
2. Zervas NT, Lavyne MH: An intracranial pressure transsening system. The American Association of Neurological Surgeon Annual Meeting, San Francisco, April, 1976.
3. Zervas NT, Heros RC, Lavyne MH: Frequency and reduction of infarction in stable aneurysm patients awaiting operation. The American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting, Toronto, April, 1997.
4. Lavyne MH, Ballantine HT, Fernstrom J: Serum and ventricular CSF tryptophan levels in depressive patients undergoing cingulotomy. Proceedings of the Fifth World Congress of Psychiatric Surgery, Brookline, August, 1978.
5. Heros RC, Lavyne MH: The failure of intravenous introprusside therapy in the treatment of cerebral vasospasm. Second International Workshop on Cerebral Vasospasm, Amsterdam, July, 1979.
6. Lavyne MH, Hariri RJ: The effect of low dose gammabutyrolactone therapy on experimental postischemic blood flow in the unrestrained, awake rat. International Symposium on Cerebrovascular Disease, Gardone Riviera, Italy, 1981.
7. Lavyne MH, Patterson RH Jr: A transcortical, subchorodial approach through the velum interpositum to the third ventricle. The American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting, Honolulu, April, 1982.
8. Lavyne MH, Bell WO: Microsurgical discectomies. The New York State Neurosurgical Society, Rye, New York, May, 1983.
9. Lavyne MH, Voorhies RM: Does the CO2 laser spread viable tumor cells outside of the surgical field? American College of Surgeons Clinical Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, October, 1983.
10. Lavyne MH: Microsurgical lumbar discectomies. The New York Neurosurgery Annual Meeting, New York, New York, December, 1983.
11. Lavyne MH, Snow RB, Lee BE, Patterson RH Jr: Crainiotomy vs transphenoidal excision of large pituitary tumors: The usefulness of NMR in guiding the operative approach. Congress of Neurological Surgeons, New York, New York, Novmeber, 1984.
12. Hariri RJ, Supra EL, Roberts JP, Lavyne MH: Effect of naloxone on cerebral blood flow, cardiac output and basal temperature in rate experimental global ischemia. American College of Surgeons Surgical Forum, San Francisco, California, October, 1984.
13. Lee BCP, Albert A, Snow RB, Lavyne MH, Patterson RH Jr: MRI signal of pituitary adenomas. 23rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Neuroradiology, 1985.
14. Andrews DW, Lavyne MH: Retrospective analysis of microsurgical lumbar discectomy. Annual Meeting of the Joint Session on Spinal Disorders, American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Boca Raton, Florida, 1987.
15. Andrews DW, Lavyne MH: Retrospecitve analysis of microsurgical lumbar discectomy. New York State Neurosurgical Society Scientific Session, Neurosurgical Program, New York, New York, March, 1987.
16. Snow RB, Lavyne MH, Morgello S, Johnson C, Patterson RH Jr: The usefulness of magnetic resonance imaging in selecting the operative approach to large pituitary tumors. The American Academy of Neurological Surgeons. San Antonio, Texas, October 7-10, 1987.
17. Andrews DW, Lavyne MH: Disappearing pseudodiscs cases. New England/New York Society of Neurosurgery. New York, New York, October 16, 1987.
18. Johnson CE, Snow RB, Morgello S, Zimmerman RD, Lavyne MH, Deck MDF: Correlation of signal intensity, surgical findings and pathologic features of large pituitary adenomas: Differentiation of soft cellular and firm fibrotic tumors. American Journal of Neuroradiology, September/October, 1988.
19. Lavyne MH: When to place a low pressure ventricular shunt for communicating syringohydromyelia. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Washington, DC, April 4, 1989.
20. Snow RB, Johnson CE, Morgello S, Patterson RH, Lavyne MH: Is MRI useful in guiding the operative approach to large pituitary tumors? American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Washington, DC, 1989.
21. Lavyne MH, terPenning B, Heier L: Acute sensorineural hearing loss due to causes other than acoustic neuroma. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Nashville, Tennessee, April 28-May 3, 1990.
22. Lavyne MH, Bilsky M: The effect of epidural steroids on postoperative morbidity and functional recovery in patients undergoing microsurgical lumbar discectomy. J Neurosurgery 74:363A, February, 1991.
23. Lavyne MH, Bilsky M: The effect of epidural steroids on postoperative morbidity and functional recovery in patients undergoing microsurgical lumbar discectomy. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 20, April 25, 1991.
24. terPenning B, Zimmerman RD, Lavyne MH: Cival subdural hematoma. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, San Francisco, California, April 11-16, 1992.
25. Snow RB, Lavyne MH: Results of microscopic discectomy for recurrent lumbar herniated discs. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, San Francisco, California, April 11-16, 1992.
26. Zimmerman GA, Weingarten K, Lavyne MH: Symptomatic lumbar epidural varices. Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves, Tuscon, Arizona, February, 1993.
27. Pannullo SC, Lavyne MH, Patterson RH Jr: Radiofrequency rhizotomy for trigeminal neuralgia in multiple sclerosis: an underutilized tool. Congress of Surgeons, 43rd Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, October 2-7, 1993.
28. Taub E, Lavyne MH: Thoracic complications of ventriculoperitoneal shunts: Case report and review of the literature. Congress of Surgeons, 43rd Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, October 2-7, 1993.
29. Cockroft K, Lavyne MH: Multilevel lumbar decompressive surgery for lumbar neurogenic claudication: A long-term retrospective review. Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves. 10th Annual Meeting, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, February 9-12, 1994.
30. Fogarty Mack P, Abalos A, Haas D, Lavyne MH, Snow R, Lien CA: Post-operative narcotic requirement following lumbar microdiscectomy is related to preoperative pain, not to intra-operative keterolac or bupivacaine. Anesth Analg, 1998:86, S1-S551.
31. Budway M, Lavyne MH: A review of clinical outcome in patients who underwent decompressive laminectomy for degenerative lumbar spondylolisthesis with spinal stenosis. 15th Annual Meeting, Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves. Lake Buena Vista, Florida, February 10-13, 1999.
32. Caiati J, Eliazo R, Snow R, Lavyne MH, Lien CA, Fogarty-Mack P: Timolol reduces intra-ocular pressure (IOP) during prone positioning for spine surgery. Anesthesiology, 99: A309, 2003.